Monday, September 24, 2007

A Souvenir

Jake was exploring the pile o' junk on the upstairs couch yesterday while I was working. He was looking for Star Wars action figures that my husband has been winning on eBay then hiding around the house so that I don't start adding up purchase totals and Jake doesn't ruin them all by playing with them. I do not understand the logic. I just try to avoid looking too hard at any pile of junk. I heard lots of "Hey cool!" and "Wow!" as I resolutely refused to turn and look at Jake's finds. Then I heard him say, "Oh, I guess that's the last of Tweety, huh." I turned to see Jacob pointing to a petrified turd underneath the end table.

6 comments:

Kelley said...

LOL

Okay, I'm sorry Tweety's gone, but that Jake comment had me laughing out loud.

Katie Alender said...

I'm sure Tweety would be happy to know that his legacy continues!

Katie Alender said...

D'oh! I mean HER legacy.

Mary Witzl said...

Cat souvenirs are fascinating. And although petrified turds aren't really something you want to find under your end tables, they are a hair less disgusting than dead mice or voles which have been abandoned and allowed to, um, ripen...

Bethany said...

Nice! LOL!

Christy said...

Tweety's legacy will definitely be continuing for long after we find the last turd. Thank goodness we didn't let her run outside - I shudder to think how many squirrels she would have harvested. But the truth is that she has pretty much covered the house with her scent. I'm not sure we'll ever be able to get another cat.