Monday, March 26, 2007

What Rhymes with W?

Remember how I've been yearning for Spring and remarking about how unusual it is? That's because I forgot that in St. Louis, spring is two days and then we embark on summer. It's hot. This weekend was just about as hot as I like it to get. Given that it's only March that means Trouble with a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for pissy. (Well, whiny really. But T doesn't rhyme with W.) Jake was so hot that he had a nightmare about a hot monster. A HOT MONSTER IN HIS DREAMS! Now that's hot. So we put the children in shorts and sent them outside for a while. They came back in flushed, sweaty, and completely happy. When did I lose the ability to be happy while hot? And how do I get it back? I have the feeling it's going to be a long summer.

2 comments:

cheribear said...

yes, but are the tulips blooming yet??

Here, its like it was in St. Louis when we were there - nice but not nice enough to be out in shorts or anything.

Karen S. said...

Oh, I want the ability to be happy when hot! It's going to be near 90 here today. I loathe being hot!