Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Is there such a thing as fall fever?

The weather finally broke. Surprisingly enough, my spirit seems to have broken with it. Well, that's a little melodramatic and overstated. But I do seem to be having a little spring fever in the fall. I'm Lazy with a capital L and that rhymes with - I'm too lazy to even finish the rhyme.

I have plans. I have things to do. I have plans about things to do. And somehow, I get up in the morning and go to bed at night without having actually followed those plans or finished those things. Work, home, dinner, soccer, homework, work, home, dinner, soccer, homework, ohmygosh it's Wednesday where did Tuesday go?

What I need is a list, I fear.

    The Aforementioned List
  • Socks
  • Halloween Costume
  • RSVPs
  • Pick up medicine
  • Oil
OK, that's doable. Today, I break the funk.

8 comments:

Mary Witzl said...

If your sock list is like my sock list (as in 'matching socks' instead of 'buying socks'), I have a great piece of advice that will save you hours of valuable time:

Stop matching socks.

That's right! I still match my own, because I can still be asked to keep my socks together, but I let the kids do their own now as I am just sick of chasing around after their lost socks. Last year I ended up with almost sixty spare kid socks. I stuffed them all into a nylon stocking, covered this with fabric, and now use this as a door draft-stopper.

Just ignore this if your sock list really was 'buying socks'...

Christy said...

Ha! "Socks" actually means finish knitting the socks I started in the summer for my mother since I'm going to visit her this weekend. I gave a pair to my mother in law on her birthday and my mom was all "You've never knitted me socks." She's very good with the guilt-inducement.

justkc said...

So did you finish your list?

Mary Witzl said...

You knit SOCKS? I am in AWE of anyone who can knit socks! I've seen this done -- four knitting needles going at once, as I recall -- and it cannot be easy. All those tiny stitches, too...

If anyone ever knitted me socks, I'd never be able to throw them away. And if I lost one, I'd be heartbroken.

Christy said...

Not a darn item on the list, KC. The list is to be completed by Saturday. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

You only knit with two needles at a time, Mary, so it's not that big of a deal really. Socks are my very favorite things to knit.

Kelly said...

Fall Fever makes total sense to me. Spring fever has everyone all hyped up and they can't wait. So it'd figure that fall fever would do the opposite... you slow down and go into a funk. :)

Danette Haworth said...

I can relate. I think the problem is that so much of it is never actually done, like cooking. Sure, that meal is done, you've even washed the dishes. But there's going to be another meal in just a few hours!

Like laundry and cleaning--it's the constant redoing of task that makes it burdensome at times.

Christy said...

I don't know. I get into a spring funk too, Kelly. lol I think I just don't deal well with weather changes.

Danette - You're right! So many of those tasks feel like I'm just running around in my hamster wheel.