Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Just when I thought she'd be ok

Claire's daycare provider fills in a "My Day" paper for me. It has information about diapers, meals, naps, and projects. Usually, I glance over the paper for major issues and then hand it to Claire. She likes the paper since it's usually pink or purple. Besides, she's a toddler and most toddlers like to carry junk around. It's in the official Manual to Toddlerdom, chapter 3, point 17: "Pick up random trash and carry it everywhere for no less than 30 minutes and no more than 30 days." Claire usually chooses to rip her paper into tiny pieces on the car ride home. I approve of this activity. It gives me time to listen to the news instead of being forced to sing "Bringing Home My Baby Bumblebee." The one inch thick coating of purple and pink confetti on the back seat is a nice bonus. I could host a fairy tea party back there with five minute's notice. Last night, Claire changed up the usual routine by eating the paper. I told her not to eat the paper. "Is yummy! Is yummy purple!" I offered her an apple. "No! No apple! I eat yummy purple!" By the time we got home, I think she managed to ingest about 3/4 of the page. I guess we should probably get the number of the school counselor and put it on our speed dial. I suspect we're going to be getting chummy with her over the years. P.S.: Thanks to all for responding to the Thursday 13. I've got movies to watch and book to read now. And in case you were wondering, "wheretofor" is a word that drives me crazy (and I use "word" in the very loosest sense). Nick says it whenever he wants to see me roll my eyes and sigh.

4 comments:

Katie Alender said...

Would that be like my husband saying, "Excusaplais," when he means, "Excuse me, si vous plais"?

Christy said...

Yes, Katie, it would be exactly like that. Especially if he includes a dramatic pause before speaking and an expectant look afterwards.

Katie Alender said...

And if he says it with an Italian accent?

Geri said...

If it makes you feel any better, I used to eat paper on a regular basis...

what??? that doesn't make you feel better??? LOL