Friday, December 22, 2006

It's a celebration, folks. Lighten up.

I've been perusing a lot of Christian blogs of late. The trend seems to be heading away from a secular Christmas. That's cool. Christmas can be (and is for me) a spiritual day. But somehow, a lot of these spiritual minded folks have sort of forgotten that it's a celebration. So go to church and do good deeds, but don't forget to heap a little joy on your own plate. Christ our Savior came to earth to be one of us and to save us. That is worth a party. That is worth a few over-the-top gifts. That is worth a bottle of wine, a feast or two, and a festive rendition of Joy to the World. My Christmas wish for everyone, Christian or not, is joy. Unadulterated, unfiltered, unreserved joy.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Can I get an Amen, sister? I agree with you 1 bajillion percent!

Hmmm, I just noticed that I am not listed as a good folk...what is up with that?? Am I not worthy? Or am I just way too insecure for your liking? ;)